Ontario Parks Employment
- See Careers in the Ontario Public Service for permanent positions with Ontario Parks.
Seasonal Park Naturalist
Enjoy summer employment as a Seasonal Park Naturalist working with Ontario Parks.
- Develop and deliver high-quality interpretive programs for the public, including guided walks, evening slide presentations, historical and children’s programs;
- Assist with major Park programs such as Public Wolf Howls;
- Contribute to Algonquin’s flora and fauna records;
- Provide customer service support at the Visitor Centre;
- Create new props/materials for use in programs;
- Maintain and expand our extensive natural history, photographic and video collections;
- Assist in the development of publications and exhibits; and
- Act as an ambassador for the Park’s education program.
- Expansive knowledge of Ontario’s natural history (flora, fauna, geology) and cultural history, and excellent understanding of ecological concepts.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and committed to customer service excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal, conceptual, presentation, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, follow and carry out instructions, and work shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays as per schedule.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, word-processing and presentation software applications (Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Valid MTO Class “G” Driver’s Licence (not compulsory for trainee positions).
- 12 week contract at $20.22/hour.
- Staff house accommodations may be available to qualified candidates.
How to Apply
Ensure you specify in your application package if you are applying for a Seasonal Park Naturalist or Seasonal Park Naturalist Trainee position.
Send your résumé and a detailed cover letter outlining your experience and interest, along with the completed Personal Experience Sheet to:
P.O. Box 219
Whitney, ON K0J 2M0
Phone: 613 637-2828
Application deadline is Friday, March 17, 2017. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be available for an in-person interview in Algonquin Park approximately mid-April.