Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
The Friends of Algonquin Park is seeking qualified individuals to work as Seasonal Staff House Cook in Algonquin Park. Employment is from early June to September 1, 2015.
- Prepare and follow a 3-week rotational menu of dinnertime meals for up to 20 people, meeting any vegetarian, non-vegetarian, and special dietary needs. (Residents prepare their own breakfasts and lunches from prepared/provided food items.)
- Plan and shop for grocery orders on a budget (may involve a weekly trip to Huntsville with a provided vehicle).
- Clean kitchen and dining areas and dishes after breakfast and dinner preparation. (Residents share dish duty for dinnertime meals.)
- Prepare meals for occasional special events, e.g., barbecues which are held for staff day, interpretive functions, year-end dinner, etc., for up to 30 people.
- Ensure staff house operates within Algonquin’s waste management program of recycling and organics diversion.
- Experience with food handling and preparation.
- Working knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and committed to customer service excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team, and to follow and carry out instructions.
- Valid MTO Class “G” Driver’s Licence.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- The remuneration is between $11.00-$14.00/hour.
- Candidates should outline salary expectations in their cover letter.
- Employment is from early June to September 1, 2015.
- The opportunity to work in a world-class park.
- Staff house accommodations may be available to qualified candidates.
How to Apply
Send your résumé and a detailed cover letter outlining your experience and interest via mail, fax or email by April 24, 2015 to:
c/o The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Box 248, Whitney, ON, Canada K0J 2M0
Phone: (613) 637-2828
Fax: (613) 637-2138
Application deadline is April 24, 2015. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must be available for an in-person interview in Algonquin Park in early May. The Friends of Algonquin Park supports job equity. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Friends of Algonquin Park has occasional volunteer opportunities for adults and unpaid cooperative education/high school volunteer opportunities. See the Volunteer webpage for current opportunities.