Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
Algonquin Park Archives Collections Intern
The Friends of Algonquin Park (FOAP) is seeking a qualified individual to work as an Archives Intern in the Algonquin Park Archives located in the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre.
Employment is from January 1 to December 31, 2015. The Intern will work 40 hours/week, as per schedule. Staff house accommodations may be available to the qualified candidate.
- Performing basic preventive conservation and monitoring collections storage humidity and temperature levels.
- Responsible for maintaining collections management documentation, accessioning new donations, completing condition reports and researching items in collection.
- Cataloging artifacts for Archive collections.
- Transcribing oral histories.
- Scanning photographs/documents to add to the digital database.
- Responding to natural and cultural heritage inquiries from members of the public.
- Providing an escort for members of the public and researchers who wish to view Archive collections.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a Museum Studies program or other related field, i.e. History, Anthropology, etc.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of Inmagic museum software would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Ontario’s natural and cultural history
- Knowledge of Algonquin Park
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- A valid MTO Driver’s License
Please note that Internship rules apply:
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 years.
- Applicants must have graduated within the last three (3) years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Applicants must not have been an Intern with the FOAP in the past.
Please note that hiring is conditional upon receipt of funding.
How to Apply
A detailed resume outlining education, knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, mailed, faxed, or dropped off to:
Lee Pauzé, General Manager
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Algonquin Provincial Park
Box 248, Whitney, ON, K0J 2M0
Tel: (613) 637-2828 Fax: (613) 637-2138
Deadline for applications is Friday, November 7, 2014.
The Friends of Algonquin Park supports Job Equity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held at the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre located at km 43 of Highway 60 in Algonquin Park.
The Friends of Algonquin Park has occasional volunteer opportunities for adults and unpaid cooperative education/high school volunteer opportunities. See the Volunteer webpage for current opportunities.