Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
- No permanent positions currently available
Fall Museum Technicians 2013
The Friends of Algonquin Park is seeking qualified individuals to work as Seasonal Museum Technicians in the Natural Heritage Education Program in Algonquin Provincial Park.
Employment is from September 3, 2013 until October 14, 2013, with a possible extension until the end of October 2013 pending the applicant’s performance and availability.
- Acting as an ambassador for Algonquin Provincial Park
- Providing information on Park operations and facilities, and cultural and natural
- History at both the Algonquin Visitor Centre and Algonquin Logging Museum
- Processing bookstore sales and subsequent stocking preparations
- Balancing sales remits and cash floats at end of each shift
- Opening and closing of either interpretive facility and maintaining exhibits and
theatre operation daily
- Assisting with Algonquin's special interpretive events as required
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and committed to customer service excellence
- Experience in retail operation
- Knowledge of Algonquin Provincial Park
- Knowledge of Ontario's natural and cultural history
- An appreciation for the outdoors
- Ability to work independently and as a team and/or with volunteers
- A valid MTO Driver's Licence
- The rate of pay is $10.25/hour based on 40 hours/week, working shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays as per schedule. Staff house accommodations may be available to qualified candidates.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with a keen Natural Heritage Education Team in a world-class park.
How to Apply
A detailed resumé outlining knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, mailed, faxed, or dropped off no later than August 4, 2013 to:
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Box 248, Whitney, ON, Canada K0J 2M0
Phone: (613) 637-2828 ext. 231
Fax: (613) 637-2138
Application deadline is August 4, 2013. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that seasonal positions are subject to budget approvals and might not be filled as initially intended.
Cooperative Education & High School Volunteer Opportunities
The Friends of Algonquin Park has hosted various unpaid cooperative education & high school volunteer opportunities. Please contact us for more information.