Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
The Friends of Algonquin Park (FOAP) is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to enhancing Algonquin Park’s educational and interpretive programs.
FOAP is seeking a reliable, enthusiastic individual to provide program administration services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with day to day operations of The Friends, carrying out directives of the General Manager
- Acquisition and administration of grants
- Acquisition and administration of raffle licenses, acquisition of raffle prize donations, creation of layouts for raffle poster and raffle tickets for printing
- Attend Board Meetings to record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Coordinate the registration of program/workshop participants
- Input constituents into database (memberships, donations)
- Generate text for the Annual Newsletter and create/compile content for layout
- Write media ads for FOAP and Algonquin Park events and promote via various media outlets
- Answer telephone and email general inquiries
- Assist with the operation of the FOAP bookstores
- Post-secondary education in business administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years program administration experience required
- Strong hands on working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Detail oriented motivated self-starter
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Able to multi-task and handle stress
- Previous not-for-profit, charitable and/or public sector experience is an asset
- Excellent writing skills
- Initiative and the ability to work effectively both as part of a team, as well as independently
- Knowledge of Algonquin Provincial Park and The Friends of Algonquin Park
- Experience with non-profit charitable organization policies
- This position will be based out of the Algonquin Visitor Centre located 43 kilometers from the Park’s West Gate in Algonquin Provincial Park.
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- This position is a full-time, 1 year contract with the possibility of extension.
How to Apply
Submissions including a cover letter, resume and references must be received by email, fax, or mail by December 31, 2014:
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Whitney, ON K0J 2M0
Fax: (613) 637-2138
While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Friends of Algonquin Park has occasional volunteer opportunities for adults and unpaid cooperative education/high school volunteer opportunities. See the Volunteer webpage for current opportunities.