Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
Seasonal Museum Technician 2015
The Friends of Algonquin Park is seeking qualified individuals to work as Seasonal Museum Technicians in the Natural Heritage Education Program in Algonquin Park.
Employment is from the end of June until Labour Day, with a possible extension until the end of October pending the applicant’s performance and availability.
- Acting as an ambassador for Algonquin Park
- Providing information on the Park’s cultural and natural history, as well as Park operations and facilities, at both the Algonquin Visitor Centre and Algonquin Logging Museum
- Processing bookstore sales and subsequent stocking preparations
- Balancing sales remits and cash floats at end of each shift
- Opening and closing of either interpretive facility and maintaining exhibits and theatre operation daily
- Assisting with Algonquin’s special interpretive events as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and committed to customer service excellence
- Experience in retail operations
- Knowledge of Algonquin Park
- Knowledge of Ontario’s natural and cultural history an appreciation for the outdoors
- Ability to reliably work independently and as part of a team and/or with volunteers
- Valid MTO Driver’s License
- Personal transportation vehicle to get to and from your workplace
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Employment is from the end of June until Labour Day, with a possible extension until the end of October pending the applicant’s performance and availability.
- The rate of pay is $11.00/hour based on 40 hours/week, working shifts, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays as per schedule.
- Staff house accommodations may be available to qualified candidates.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with the keen Natural Heritage Education team in a world-class park.
How to Apply
A detailed resumé outlining knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, mailed, faxed, or dropped off no later than February 28, 2015 to:
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Box 248, Whitney, ON, Canada K0J 2M0
Phone: (613) 637-2828 ext. 231
Fax: (613) 637-2138
Application deadline is February 28, 2015. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Friends of Algonquin Park supports job equity. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Friends of Algonquin Park has occasional volunteer opportunities for adults and unpaid cooperative education/high school volunteer opportunities. See the Volunteer webpage for current opportunities.