Employment with The Friends of Algonquin Park
If you are interested in working with one of the most successful cooperating associations in Canada, please do not hesitate to forward your resume at anytime to The Friends of Algonquin Park. Your resume will be kept on file for consideration during our next hiring process. Contact us.
Bookkeeper and Payroll Coordinator
The Friends of Algonquin Park (FOAP) is a charitable organization dedicated to enhancing Algonquin Park’s educational and interpretive programs. The FOAP is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic individual to administer the bookkeeping activities associated with daily and year-end business.
- Maintain the financial records using the Sage Simply Accounting system
- Execute payroll, including but not limited to entering time sheet records, issuing
paycheques, writing employment contracts, compiling vacation summaries for full
time staff, issuing Records of Employment, handling source deductions;
- Administer group insurance plan;
- Remit monthly WSIB premiums and annual WSIB reconciliation;
- Remit Employer Health Tax and Ontario Sales Tax as required;
- Remit annual HST reconciliation;
- Balance and prepare all deposits of Visitor Centre and Logging Museum
bookstore sales and post transactions;
- Maintain Accounts Payable, ensuring all invoices are posted in system, payment
remitted when due;
- Create month end reports for General Manager and Board members;
- Generate sales and purchase journal reports from Point of Sale system and enter
into Accounting system once balanced;
- Handle monthly bank reconciliations
- Post-secondary education in business, accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience required
- Strong hands on working knowledge Microsoft Office applications
- Previous work experience with Simply Accounting
- Previous experience with payroll functions and remittances
- Detailed oriented
- Able to multi-task, work with deadlines and handle stress
- Previous not-for-profit, charitable and/or public sector experience is an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and dependable vehicle
- This position will be based out of the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre located 43 kilometres from the Park’s West Gate in Algonquin Park.
- Wage will range from $13.50 to $18.25 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- This Part-Time Regular position is potentially based on an 8-hour day, 20 hours per week December through May and 40 hours per week June through October.
How to Apply
A detailed resumé outlining knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, mailed, faxed, or dropped off no later than January 6, 2017 to:
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Box 248, Whitney, ON, Canada K0J 2M0
Application deadline is January 6, 2017. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Seasonal Employment Opportunities
Seasonal employment opportunities are usually posted here in January for spring and summer positions in Algonquin Park. Fall employment opportunities are usually posted in July/August each year.
The Friends of Algonquin Park has occasional volunteer opportunities. Please see the Volunteer webpage for current opportunities.
Cooperative Education & High School Volunteer Opportunities
The Friends of Algonquin Park has hosted various unpaid cooperative education and high school volunteer opportunities. Please contact us for more information.